Sunday, January 07, 2007

Amniocentesis: Towards a Compassionate Cull

Because it would be fascist to stand in the way of science's continuing mission to rid the world of retards: amnios for all!
"Yes, it's going to lead to more termination, but it's going to be fair to these women who are 24 who say, 'How come I have to raise an infant with Down's syndrome, whereas my cousin who was 35 didn't have to?' " Dr. Lalonde said. "We have to be fair to give women a choice."
Sniff. 'Sreally beautiful, Doc. (And, of course, I have absolute faith that the technology is beyond all reasonable reproach.)

And when we have discovered the Homosexuality Gene, and the appropriate method for detecting it? What shall we say to the mothers who ask How come I have to raise an infant who is gay, whereas my cousin doesn't have to? ... Well, I think we all know the answer to that. (Given that we can't euthanize the mother for being so emotionally retarded herself.) I mean, surely you've noticed that we've already taken care of Phase 1 of the process, i.e. give the living remainder an Olympics. Then it'll just be a matter of letting nature, and Mister Thirsty, take their course.

Ours not to make reply,
Ours not to reason why,
Ours but to do and the celebrated undesirables to ...
To conveniently vanish, anyway.