Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Mayor on Letterman

Things have been getting a little sweary/crass around here and I apologize for that, but I can't resist this:

... Secondly: David Letterman is an ultra-liberal on an ultra-liberal television station, yucking it up with fellow ultra-liberals in an ultra-liberal state. Why bother trying to fight that nonsense? Pick your battles, you’ll never get through to them on this one.

Finally: look at the picture I posted. That’s Letterman’s wife. Ya. Imagine, he’s making fun of Sarah Palin, and every night he goes home and has to fuck the dead body of Boris Karloff. No wonder Letterman is angry. If you had to give tender kisses to a neck that has a bolt sticking out of it, you’d be mad too ...

Ah, the contrapasso!

For the record, I'm not a fan of the (I'm sorry, but) decidedly underwhelming, soi-disant "valley trash" Sarah Palin. But that Boris Karloff line kept me laughing for about ten minutes.

______________________

ADDENDUM (3:50 PM)

Did I say underwhelming? I meant to say so stupid, so devoid of dignity, it's embarrassing. That, or just plain old: exploitative to the point of creepiness. The way she's handled this, I don't know if she isn't in fact worse than Letterman.

Not to speak of her dimwit husband:
Todd Palin issued a statement last week that said "any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable."
Yeah, Todd. That couldn't have gone without saying.